Any healthcare professional involved in the prescribing of medicines or medical devices can benefit significantly from STI programs and their related smart cards. Each program provides a unique benefit to your patient, whether it’s a free sample, the ability to stay with a trusted brand, or assistance with a specialty drug, to name a few.
STI cards are universally recognized and accepted so your patient always has the convenience of taking it to his or her local pharmacy. As a healthcare professional, you then have the comfort of knowing that the drugs you prescribe are dispensed in a controlled, coordinated, and professional environment. And you don’t need to worry about the risks and liabilities of managing an inventory of drug samples at your office or clinic.
Here are some examples of how different types of STI programs can benefit you and your patients:
- Physicians who participate in our physician experience programs get access and experience prescribing the newest medications and are an integral part of the first initial patient treatments on new therapies.
- For drugs that are coming off patent and where, for a variety of reasons, you and/or your patient would like to stick with the brand instead of moving to a generic, STI’s patient benefit programs provide the brand at the generic price.
- STI’s patient assistance programs can provide your patients with much needed help in managing the high costs of specialty drugs. In addition, these card-based programs provide the same convenience of being able to pay for and fulfill a specialty prescription at virtually any pharmacy.
- Healthcare professionals who do not get regular visits from sales reps can still receive STI smart cards via direct mail. Furthermore, replenishment can be automated based on actual usage.
- With STI’s market access solutions, you can be confident that the cost of a new medicine you prescribe will be covered at the pharmacy until the patient’s insurance plan picks it up – avoiding the potential time waste for both you and your patient of having to provide an alternative prescription.
We are always innovating at STI and introducing new programs with new benefits.
As a healthcare professional, we encourage you to check in regularly with your sales reps to ensure you are aware of all of the STI programs available to you or get in contact with us if you have questions, feedback or suggestions on our programs.